Tuesday, August 3, 2010

BAM LOOK AT THAT BACON SIZZLE

Duke Ellington School of the Arts has always been at the epicenter of young artist development in the greater Washington area. This due to their commitment to excellence in the caliber of students they like to accept they pick the ones with the most potential. I can personally speak on this from the visual arts perspective, my discipline when I attended their institution. The Visual Arts department is one of the smaller departments in the school and my class was no exception starting from the humble begging’s of just around 12 people. I started out, as a young mustache that only knew how to draw Dragon Ball Z characters, could not make a value scale, and was not a fan of implementing color in my work. Through the facilitation of my teachers I grew to go far beyond my meager beginning I was able to accomplish stupendous feats with the medium of charcoal, watercolor and the graphic arts. This then led to my plans toward a career in the visual arts, which I have initiated by pursuing higher learning at the Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art. At this current institution I am trying to find my niche.

No comments:

Post a Comment